Saturday, July 6, 2013

4th of July Fun!


We managed to get to FL and take off 15 hours after arriving. Talk about a short stay at home! We went from 3 suitcases down to one duffel bag in a matter of a few minutes and we were back on the road again. This time our travel adventures took us to Englewood, FL to spend 4th of July with my hubby's Grandad. 



We arrived early afternoon, and went to a Cajun Festival downtown, and let me just say that was the best Chicken and Sausage Gumbo I have had in a very long time! The weather was absolutely horrendous but we braved the thick humidity for a bit and then found ourselves in some old antique stores. My new found love now includes Antiqueing :)


We then went back to Grandads so Paisley could nap for a bit. We sat around and chatted for a bit, rested, grilled some tasty burgers and veggies and out the door we went for some fireworks. Let me just mention here that we were in such a hurry to get to the fireworks, that I decided to feed Paisley in the car on the way, yes, I know, you shouldnt take a baby out of their carseat, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, and while feeding her my FIL managed to whip a fast U-turn and get pulled over. Not only was I feeding Paisley in the backseat, none of us wearing seatbelts, and tons of people staring at who got pulled over, we somehow scrambled to get Paisley in her seat, my dress pulled up, seat belts on and make everything look like we had always been put together. Talk about a funny story we wont ever forget.


We arrived just in time for fireworks. After everything that we had been through days before and long travel hours and a baby who is just completely fed up with her carseat, it melted my heart to see how excited Paisley was over fireworks. The girl LOVED fireworks. Our decision to come back early paid off with just the simple joy of our baby giggling and screaming in amazement of brightly colored BOOM, BOOM, BOOMs :) Happy Independence day America!


Hope you all had a great 4th of July!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments!!