Monday, August 5, 2013

With Hope,The Odds Don't Matter: Heather's Story

Hey Y'all!
 I have the privilege to share a story that is near and dear to my heart. I don't know if you have ever had a friend or a loved one diagnosed with cancer, but I know its a scary time and one word that you never want to hear. Throughout the years, my family and I have had to battle with my grandfather having cancer and each time he has beat it thankfully.

I was contacted by a cancer survivor and was asked if I would share and raise awareness about Mesothelioma. Without further due, I want to share with you a little bit about Heather Von St. James. Heather was diagnosed with Mesothelioma which is an aggressive deadly form of cancer that affects the membrane lining of the lungs and the abdomen. She was diagnosed 3 1/2 months after she gave birth to her daughter Lily and was given 15 months to live. Seven years later she has beat all odds and has survived what doctors would say was a grim prognosis. She feels like now her job is to pay it forward and inspire others with her story. Hope is what pulled her through and I know I can say from experience that if there was no hope, I don't know where I would be today with some of the stuff that I have had to face in my life. 

I want to share Heather's video with you so please take a moment, watch and be inspired. September, next month, is Mesothelioma awareness month. If you feel like sharing Heather's story with others, I am sure that she would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you Heather for letting me play a part in helping you raise awareness! I was completely touched by your story and I know that it will speak volumes to many others out there who need the hope that you have had to pull through one of life's cruelest moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments!!