Sunday, September 8, 2013

Birthday Cake Pancakes



I made these for my husbands birthday and these honestly were way beyond what I thought they would be! Such a fun, new birthday tradition we will be adding to the Foltz household! 

Warning: These are very sweet, but so delish and addicting!

I combined several recipes together, because the first one I chose didnt have eggs, but was lacking in flavor so I found another recipe and added a few things from it, which gave it the taste that I was going for. The glaze is super simple too. Now go make these!!


Ingredients:

3/4 C Pancake Mix {I used whole foods buttermilk brand}
1 C Yellow Cake Mix
1 1/2 C Water
1/3 C Milk
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
Pinch of Salt

Glaze Ingredients:

1 C Powdered Sugar
1 Tbsp Milk
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
2 Tbsp Butter
Sprinkles

Directions:

1. Mix all pancake ingredients together in a bowl. If its too thick, add a little more milk to get desired consistency. If you want more of a cakey flavor, then add more cake mix, but I found 1 cup to be just the right amount

2. Preheat a skillet to medium low heat. Spray with cooking spray. Pour batter into 1/4 cup measurements onto skillet

3. Let cook till bubbles form on top {2-3 minutes} and flip to other side. Serve with Vanilla Glaze

4. For Vanilla Glaze: Mix powdered sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla until glaze forms. You may need to add a little more milk until you reach desired consistency so that it can be drizzled over pancakes.

5. Sprinkle, sprinkles on top when you have added the glaze onto the pancakes and enjoy!
**Makes 8 large pancakes

Easy peasy! 



4 comments:

  1. Yummy! I made these for my little man's birthday this year and it will be a tradition every year in our house too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious...I need to try them! I am a pancake lover! We actually just had some for breakfast this morning :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments!!