Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day and Baby Dedication





“Sometimes when you pick up your child you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without.” 


Motherhood. I love being a Mom! After years of dreaming, planning and being obsessed with pregnant woman and babies, I finally get to celebrate being a Mom and having my own little one. 


For my first Mother's Day, we decided to dedicate Paisley Grace at church and it was beautiful. Saturday, we took a boat ride on the river in Downtown Tampa, which was a blast! 


Aaron also got me Paisley's birthstone ring band. I saw an idea on pinterest that I fell in love with and Aaron completed it. Love, Marriage and Baby Carriage Rings.



I cant tell you what a great day I had! Being a Mom for the first time, really has made me appreciate my mother so much more than I ever have. Being a mommy is hardwork! I thought it might be easy taking care of a little baby, being a wife, and still keeping a meticulously clean house, laundry always done, folded and put away, but truthfully its hard. We lucked out with a great sleeper, but still its hard to manage to find time to get everything done. 

I really admire the fact that there are some moms out there who can do it all. I try. I really try, and somedays if I come up short its really ok. 


Being a mom is so much fun though! I love getting to look through my babies eyes and experiencing life all over again. Makes me really not take anything for granted because time flies by way too quickly anymore. When they say, time flies and your babies arent little long; they really arent joking. I feel like I blinked and my baby is already grown up ha! So moms, or moms to be, really take every moment in. Time doesnt stand still though we at times wish it just would. 



My husband asked me the other day if I liked our baby more than him (joking of course) and all I could reply was that the love I have for both him and for our daughter were completely different types of love. All of us for the most part experience what its like to love someone on an intimate level, which is a beautiful thing, but then when our daughter came along, I experienced love like never before. One that strengthens me, changes me, stretches me, teaches me patience. I am so in love with Paisley Grace; heart melting type of love, IF you want to call it that. I just cant get over the fact that we made her, and she came from my own body. Its astounding. Giving birth and going through ten months of pregnancy is one of the most miraculous things God ever created. I am still in awe. God is good :)

Well, enough rambling. I hope you all enjoyed your Mother's Day as much as I did! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments!!