Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving & Such

The Holidays are in full swing at the Foltz house! I love, love, love this time of year so much, but it always feels like it just flies by. Every year I tell myself to slow down the following year and take it all in slowly, but every year that never happens. ha!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at Aaron's moms house with lots of yummy food! I was in a way dreading Thanksgiving meal knowing that there would be lots and lots to eat and I would pry feel sick, and these days it only takes 10 bites and I am stuffed, so to say the least, we ate, but I somehow didnt eat as much as I thought I would. Praise the Lord! Aaron and I made cheesecake like we do every year for Thanksgiving and it turned out amazing! We made a Salted Caramel Cheesecake and it was to die for! It was not sweet or too rich at all, but just perfect. It did take us all day the day before to do all four parts of it :) The caramel on top was the best part of the whole thing!!

If you would like to try it here is the link (You wont be disappointed!): http://www.food.com/recipe/salted-caramel-and-vanilla-cheesecake-488177
Doesnt that look yummy??

Friday, we spent the day....Shopping! Who would have guessed it!? I think I will re-think that idea next year with a baby because it was insane, but then again who tries to go the mall on black friday? Not smart. We did score some sweet deals though so I wont complain too much :) Best gift of all....the dutch oven I got for an early birthday gift! Will post pics when it gets here! I am so excited!!

All in all, I enjoyed getting to be with family, but sad that I was missing my family back in CO. Aaron had most of the week off, and there are no words to say how wonderful it was to have a break and just get to hang out together and not worry so much of having to get soo much done and be in soo many places during the week. It was a good break, but way too fast like it normally goes ;)

Hope you and your families had a Happy Thanksgiving just as we did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments!!