Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Grace for 2014

I have seriously put off writing this post for weeks because I have been arguing with myself and with God about my word for this year. There is so many words that come to mind with some of the things that I am personally about to step into and opportunities that the hubs and I are about to step into that I could just name quite a few and be content with those. But, God has other plans for me this year and my word is...


Understanding God's grace in my life hasnt been as difficult to walk out or understand as other things like trusting and being patient, but walking out God's grace and showing grace to others somehow is extremely difficult to me. Sometimes I feel like I have to guard who I am and protect myself from everyone and everything. I hate when people do me wrong and I hate when things aren't fair and just and a lot of the times if I were honest, anger gets the best of me. I dont always bite my tongue and my actions arent always the best response. This year I want to really walk out Gods's grace and show grace to others. I want to be slow to speak, slow to get angry, and I want what comes out of my mouth to be a reflection of who God is. I want when someone cuts me off and I am in a hurry with a baby in the backseat to not be so mad and upset about it, but to be able to just wave and smile. Or when someone does me wrong or says something that shouldnt be said I want to be able to not let it sting and want to retaliate.

Im being real and transparent with yall because I want someone to hold me accountable. 2014 is new a start for a lot of things and I want God's complete favor in my life and take me to different heights and depths, but I know there is somethings that are holding me back from getting there and this is one step in moving forward. Im excited for what this year might hold and what it can become! I am embracing this new year with open arms.

Hebrews 12:15 
See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled


Here's to a new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments!!