Thursday, April 10, 2014

Surrender All

1-2 You’ll remember, friends, that when I first came to you to let you in on God’s master stroke, I didn’t try to impress you with polished speeches and the latest philosophy. I deliberately kept it plain and simple: first Jesus and who he is; then Jesus and what he did—Jesus crucified.
3-5 I was unsure of how to go about this, and felt totally inadequate—I was scared to death, if you want the truth of it—and so nothing I said could have impressed you or anyone else. But the Message came through anyway. God’s Spirit and God’s power did it, which made it clear that your life of faith is a response to God’s power, not to some fancy mental or emotional footwork by me or anyone else.
1 Corinthians 2:1-5 (Message Version)

I think we can all agree that feeling inadequate is never a settling feeling.

I have been there too many times to count.

Its funny how God puts us in the situations where we feel so unworthy, so unprepared, so totally without a lack of confidence and then out of nowhere, God shows up and we are just stunned by what He just did.

I can remember some pretty huge moments, that God showed up and it was powerful.

Its silly how we tend to underestimate God and put Him in this tiny box and when He does do something, we are surprised. The thing is, is that we shouldn't be surprised. We should always expect Him to show up and blow our minds.

In college, I remember not having a voice for the longest time, and when your voice is your instrument and your name is on the set list to sing a song and you have no voice, you either panic or you trust. I would like to say, that there was no panic and no wondering involved, but every time that I felt there was no possible way, I would get on the stage, open my mouth, and out of nowhere my voice would appear. I would be able to sing the song that I just couldn't sing in rehearsal moments ago.

Its amazing what God can do isn't it!?

Here you have Paul feeling so inadequate, and probably somewhat nervous, but then out of nowhere, God shows up big and preaches a message that His people needed to hear.

We are no different than Paul, and God is no respecter of persons. What He did for Paul, He will surely do for us. When we are willing to hand over the reigns that we are so tightly grasping, God cant help but get in the middle and show off and proving Himself to be bigger than what our imaginations can handle. We just have to be willing to surrender.

Easier said than done. I know.

God created us to need Him. He created us to want to have Him involved. Without His anointing that we pull from, we are nothing. If God is not in it, then what are we doing and who are we reaching? What is the point if God cant even be in the midst of the very thing He called us to do? Not having His power, His presence and His anointing leaves nothing but an empty message or an empty song.

I never want to take the opportunity to minister to someone and them get nothing out of what I had to say, or nevertheless, I never want them to walk away from worship never seeing Him in it. People need what you have, and though you may feel unequipped, inadequate, not confident, insecure and the whole shebang, God sees you as capable. God will minister out of the empty vessel and the broken places. Your testimony is your story. Your brokenness is your story. God longs for anyone who will surrender and wants to be used. Forget about the past and forget about what someone else has said about you, God called you, and God will equip you. No man can do what God can do and no man can equip you and prepare you like God can. Trust. Trust and rely in Him.

I just know when I get to the end of my time, I want to be able to say that I gave it my all, and let God run the full course. I want people to not just see me in what I do, but I want to make sure that He is known in everything that I can do.

Sisters, whatever you have been holding so tightly to, lay it down. Trust that God is going to come through for you and use you big. Forget every negative thought, image, word etc. and know that there is a bigger God who has great plans for you and wants to use you beyond your capabilities. No one defines you like God does. His image of you is far more important than any mans image of you. People will always fail you and disappoint you, but our God will never fail you and will never leave you hanging. Be encouraged and walk in faith, knowing we serve a mighty big God who will come through every. single. time.

Hallelujah!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments!!