Wednesday, April 9, 2014

All Because of Jesus

signin


I am seriously humbled like never before today.
 
I could tell you a lot about the Bible and a lot about Jesus, but sometimes for things to really sink in deep, they have to become a revelation.
 
For the last few months God has been showing me new sides to Him and making things feel more alive and making things seem more real to me.
 
We have heard all about Easter and Jesus' death on the cross, and while I know the story, I didn't really get it. I believed, but I didn't get it.
 
Today, I get it.
 
I really get it.
 
And for the first time, I wept.
 
I weep at knowing how amazing our God is, and how much love He has for us.
 
I am awestruck and my mind is blown.
 
I cant even fathom.
 
Let me share with you:
 
The servant grew up before God—a scrawny seedling,
    a scrubby plant in a parched field.
There was nothing attractive about him,
    nothing to cause us to take a second look.
He was looked down on and passed over,
    a man who suffered, who knew pain firsthand.
One look at him and people turned away.
    We looked down on him, thought he was scum.
But the fact is, it was our pains he carried—
    our disfigurements, all the things wrong with us.
We thought he brought it on himself,
    that God was punishing him for his own failures.
But it was our sins that did that to him,
    that ripped and tore and crushed him—our sins!
He took the punishment, and that made us whole.
    Through his bruises we get healed.
We’re all like sheep who’ve wandered off and gotten lost.
    We’ve all done our own thing, gone our own way.
And God has piled all our sins, everything we’ve done wrong,
    on him, on him.
-Isaiah 53:5
 
Everything God did, He did for us. Its never been about Him. Its always been about us. God has us in mind from the very beginning and had in mind our salvation. We didn't choose Him. He chose us.  He gave us His all. I mean, He gave us His life so that we might know Him. He carried our pains, our sins put Him on that cross!!
 
 Don't you think that the God of the universe could have said "stop" at any point or when they said "if you are really God, why don't you get down from the cross and prove it" He could have just gotten down from the cross and proved Himself right then and there?
 
He could of, but He didn't because He wanted us to know Him. He wanted us to trust Him. He wanted us to love Him back and to want to be in relationship with Him. Christ never had religion in mind. It was about having a relationship with Him. Nothing more nothing less. Just a relationship with Him.
 
Our God, our Savior died on a cross and experienced the worst amount of torment so that we could live and have a life that far exceeds any dream or plan we have in mind. He took the punishment that we desperately deserved, made us whole, set us free, stripped off our filthy rags, placed a crown on our heads and clothed us in a bridegrooms robe, pouring His grace on us.
 
Do you get it yet?
 
Are you speechless?
 
We are redeemed because of what He did. We are forgiven because of what He did. We are loved because of what He did.
 
The best part of all of this is, He did it for you and for me. Asking that we just love Him in return. Nothing more, nothing less.
 
What a mighty, mighty, great God we serve!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! You are beautiful! These words are so raw and real and so GOD! Love your heart. Glory to our Savior!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet girl! Its all about Him :) Hope you have a fabulous Easter!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments!!